THE ART OF NEGOTIATION
LESSONS FROM THE GODFATHER
What can you learn about negotiation from a street-wise (if somewhat unscrupulous) individual like Don Vito Corleone, the central character in Mario Puzo’s award-winning book The Godfather?
Despite his nefarious business activities, his unique yet sound insights into the art of persuasion and negotiation will surprise you. This includes his advice on:
• the need to keep your cool when others behave badly towards you;
• why you should always help others save face;
• the importance of not allowing your emotions to trump your reason;
• behaving reflectively, not reflexively; and
• not taking no for an answer.
In this session, Vlerick Professor Barney Jordaan explores the Don’s pearls of wisdom in an interactive and fun way. You’ll leave with a handful of techniques to help you better manage the professional and personal challenges that your assignment might entail.
PLEASE SIGN UP THROUGH THE VLERICK WEBSITE.
ABRA cannot take registrations for this event.
Date(s) - Wednesday 21 October, 2015
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm