ABRA Rules of Conduct
ABRA Full Members must abide by the EuRA Rules of Conduct.
Local Members, Candidate Local Members and Real Estate Affiliate Members must agree to the following ABRA Rules of Conduct:
- Every member shall abide by the objectives and rules of the Association.
- Members will abide by the legislation of Belgium.
- A member shall not seek business or conduct business by improper or illegal means.
- Members will always work solely in the best interest of the clients by whom they are retained.
- Members will not misrepresent themselves, the services they offer, any subject property, or the Association.
- Members will not accept instructions from clients whose requirements cannot possibly be met.
- Members will maintain regular client contact to keep their clients informed as to progress, lack of progress and action that has been taken.
- Any interest in a subject property must be declared to a client from the beginning.
- Members will ensure that each client is aware of the terms and conditions upon which the services are being supplied.
- All members will indemnify and hold harmless the Association against any claims arising from their activities.
- When holding clients monies, members will hold such monies in a designated and regulated bank account and will maintain clear records of that account.
- Members shall not misrepresent their class of membership nor will they claim membership when their membership has ceased.
- Any alleged breach of the rules of conduct will be evaluated by the ABRA Board. The decision of the Board will be binding.
- Members will treat with confidence all information supplied by clients.
- Members will not act as selling or letting agents.
- Members may not accept any commissions, payments or other inducements offered by any third party as a result of transactions undertaken on behalf of a client without the prior knowledge and agreement of that client.
Real Estate Affiliate Members have also agreed to these additional rules:
17. Members shall not misrepresent themselves or their class of membership or the services they offer.
18. Members shall not use the ABRA logo or the ABRA name without clear mention that they are an Affiliate Member in the Real-Estate category.
19. Members shall not seek business or conduct business by improper or illegal means.